This event is optional for the students, but they are encouraged to compete as long as they are a confident swimmer. Approx 400 students normally attend. Day is held down at the Papatoetoe Centennial Pools. For students that don’t attend its school as normal.
No saver day.
What you need to know...
- A fun day with timed heats in all strokes, as well some new fun events this year.
- Swimming Sports is optional and to participate you MUST be able to swim 50m in at least 1 stroke without stopping.
- Swimming Sports is held at the Papatoetoe Centennial Pools
- Buses are hired to transport you all there and back
- Juniors - aged 12 - 13 years on 1st January 2017
- Intermediates - aged 14 - 15 years on 1st January 2017
- Seniors - aged 16+ years on 1st January 2017
- Permission letters are available from the sports office.
- Letters MUST be returned by 9th March at the latest.
- NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
What you need to wear
To/from school and on the bus:
- BDSC PE T-shirt or BDSC Sports T-shirt or Whanau coloured T-shirt, and
- BDSC PE Shorts, or
- Sports appropriate shorts (if PE shorts not owned)
- NO denim shorts!
At the pools:
- Appropriate Swimming togs must be worn
On the day...
- Report to school by 8am
- Meet on the tennis courts and sit behind your allocated bus number (published by Mon 13 Mar)
- DO NOT change buses!!!
- There will be timed heats for all strokes. Top 4 times in each heat will be recorded and position points gained.
- Participation points earned by all that compete.
- There will also be some fun events mixed in this year.
- FINALS will be held for all events, where the top 8 performers (times) from the heats will make up the final. More points will be on offer for competing in a final.
- The buses then bring you back to school and you will be dismissed.